Faulty Electrical Wiring In A House

28 March 2018
 Categories: , Blog

Share

The electrical wiring in a house is something that requires a lot of attention, such as occasional inspections to ensure that it isn't faulty. The reason why is because faulty wiring is one of the common reasons why homeowners deal with house fires each year. You can prevent house fires from occurring for electrical reasons by paying attention to signs of problem wiring. It is also wise to ensure that all of your electrical problems are handled by a licensed electrician. After browsing through the information in this article, you will know about some of the signs that points to faulty electrical wiring in your house. 

Appliances Stop Working in Certain Outlets

Are you only able to power up appliances for a short period of time when using a particular outlet in your house? If you always end up having to turn a circuit breaker back on when the outlet is used, it might point to bad wiring needing attention. The circuit breaker can need rewiring, or the wires in the outlet might be the root of the problem. The circuit breaker might also be sending an extreme amount of volts into the outlet that's causing it to constantly trip. Keep in mind that sometimes the appliances are the problem, so consider getting yours inspected if it is necessary.

A Light Fixture Constantly Flickers & Goes Dim

Dimming and flickering lights can create a spooky atmosphere in a house when the problem happens without a known cause. Light fixtures don't usually require a large amount of electricity to function properly. The dimming and flickering is usually the result of the wiring to the fixture not being in good shape. For instance, the wires may have burned out from being overloaded with volts from the electrical panel in your house. In such a case, the damaged wires and electrical panel will likely need repairs.

You Can Hear Popping Noises Coming from Outlets

If there are any popping noises coming directly from one or more outlets in your house, it points to a major fire risk. Popping noises are usually the result of the outlets having faulty wiring that needs attention fast. The wires might be damaged orb of an insufficient size for the power demands of your electronics. Speak to a licensed electrician as soon as possible if you believe that there is any damaged or poorly installed wiring in your house that can cause a fire to spark up. To learn more, contact a team of professional electricians, such as Street Brothers Electric.